UK Senior Medical Advisor – Rare Disease
Pharma-Partners is working with a mid-sized Global pharma business, as it looks to add to its newly formed rare disease business unit with an important medical affairs hire.
This role will work closely with the Therapy Area Medical Head to help manage strategic decision-making for all medical affairs activities for rare disease. This includes taking the lead on pre-launch and launch activities, with 2 key products coming to market in the next 12-18 months.
You will also get regular exposure to Global medical affairs decision-makers, as whilst this position sits in a UK team it will have a strong line into Global medical affairs leaders for respective rare disease drugs.
- Leadership of assigned local Medical Affairs plans for assigned products, including execution and strategic decision-making for all assets in rare disease
- Lead and maintain important KOL and HCP relationships with key individuals and centres across the UK
- Act as an ABPI Final Medical Signatory and ensure compliance across your product line, in accordance with the highest company ethical standards as well as external codes of practice (e.g. ABPI)
- Support other functions with high levels of medical and scientific guidance on all assigned products, including the likes of Patient Engagement Programmes and HTA submissions
- Lead the implementation of therapy aligned Evidence Generation Programmes to meet local requirements of cross-functional teams
- GMC registered Physician or GPhC registered Pharmacist
- Post-qualification experience in clinical medicine or clinical pharmacy (NHS or equivalent)
- Experienced medical affairs professional with recent time spent as a Medical Advisor, or equivalent
- ABPI Final Medical Signatory status is essential
- Time spent in rare disease is not required and would only be a “nice to have”
- Ability to make important decisions with minimal support – a decisive and proactive mindset
To apply for this position please use the “Apply” option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email email@example.com