Scientific Team Lead – Medical Communications – UK
Pharma Partners are working with key client who are a Global Healthcare Communications agency have an exceptional opportunity for a Scientific Team Lead to join their team with offices in Manchester and London.
As a Scientific Team Lead, you will have responsibility over a team or teams within a scientific group, ensuring that the strategic and tactical initiatives are implemented. You will also line manage a team of editorial staff as required, including resource planning for the relevant accounts, with support from the Scientific Leads.
As a highly collaborative organisation, you will be a trusted advisor and support other line managers within the group, working closely with the client services team to support strategic planning and growth.
The right candidate will be a natural leader who is collaborative, enjoys mentoring their writers and maintaining an effective team working environment. You will be adept at building strong working relationships with clients and ensuring that all projects across assigned teams are delivered to the highest possible editorial and scientific standards.
- A life sciences degree, ideally combined with a science Masters or PhD
- Demonstrated med comms experience with a proven track record in leading scientific teams within a medical communications agency
- Extensive medical writing experience from a medical communications or pharma environment across a broad range of projects and therapeutic areas
- Involvement in a large range of different types of project, including extensive onsite and client meeting experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Line management/mentoring and reviewing experience in a medical communications agency
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Commercial awareness relating to the financial management of a medical communications business
- Experience of developing and attending new business pitches
Sound interesting? Contact Jason Salt at Pharma Partners for more details.