about 1 year ago
Vice President, Head of Clinical Safety and Pharmacovigilance
South East, UK based, 30% travel
Pharma-Partners are working exclusively with a world leading, specialist pharmaceutical company looking to hire an experienced leader within drug safety. As VP, Head of Clinical Safety and Pharmacovigilance you will lead a global function, provide strategic guidance regarding all activities involved in patient safety and have the scope to build and develop the team as the company continues to evolve and grow.
- The Head Clinical Safety and Pharmacovigilance is a global leadership role responsible for development and maintenance of a high quality, compliant, efficient and value-adding safety function.
- The role is responsible for ensuring global Pharmacovigilance and risk management activities are consistent with internal policies and compliant with global regulations and quality standards for the company's clinical development programs and marketed products.
- This position is a member of key medical governance committees, overseeing medical safety, risks and their appropriate and timely representation in product labelling.
- This role provides strategic guidance regarding patient safety and compliance-related matters in order to feed these aspects into the overall business strategy
- This role guides internal governance processes and cross functional activities related to safety and manages external contractual relationships covering PV and medical risk management.
- Medical Doctor or degree in life-science with significant business acumen in pharmacovigilance
- Several years in pharmacovigilance / safety risk management within the pharmaceutical /biotech environment (industry, CRO), with a number of those being in key leadership positions
- Proven track record in leading an developing teams, global functions and drug safety and governance systems
- Proven track record in innovative approaches to continuous improvement and change management in clinical safety and pharmacovigilance systems, processes and standards
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Proven effective leadership
Salary & Remuneration:
- Highly competitive basic annual salary plus a benefits package to include car allowance, bonus, and long term incentives/shares
To apply for this position please use the "Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email email@example.com