4 months ago
VP - EMEA Medical Affairs - Oncology & Neuroscience
A newly created UK-based senior leadership opportunity, working at an established mid-sized global pharmaceutical business as it moves through the next phase of its organisational and scientific growth. This pharma has a longstanding presence and extremely busy future in Oncology and Neuroscience, with year-on-year launches planned, and breakthrough products coming to market in Alzheimer's and Dementia.
Reporting to the CEO for the region and working as part of a strong executive leadership team, you will redefine and advance the medical affairs philosophy of the business. The function can then truly act as a spearhead for the region, collaborating seamlessly with R&D and Commercial colleagues, as new and important medicines are brought to patients.
With oversight of a regional medical affairs function totalling circa 75 staff across different countries, you will be an inspiring and decisive figurehead, bridging global medical strategy with local objectives, as well as helping teams grow and engage with the right clinicians and customers.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Providing strategic and operational leadership across the regional medical affairs function, driving the highest levels of scientific and medical integrity, and leading the way on innovation and patient-focused healthcare
- Directing medical affairs' role in the key launches of products across Oncology and Neuroscience
- Working closely with other VPs and senior leaders of different functions as part of the regional executive leadership team, setting aligned strategy and ensuring medical affairs' philosophy is recognised and championed proactively
- Take a leading role in working with strategic partner/alliance pharma companies across Oncology and Neuroscience, managing the complexities that come with these collaborations to ensure important new medicines are jointly brought to market
- As the top of the medical pyramid for the region, ensure all medical affairs activities are carried out to the highest standards of ethical and medical compliance, ensuring adherence to global, regional and local codes of practice and regulations
- Working with regional investigators to support Investigator Initiated Study (IIS) strategy proposals, achieved through concept inception implementation and publication, and the management of Phase IIIb/IV studies
- Qualified physician (MD, MBBS, MBChB or equivalent)
- Post-graduate qualification would be a nice to have (e.g. MRCP, PhD, DipPharMed, PMST)
- Significant senior leadership experience in medical affairs in pharmaceutical medicine
- Proven experience line managing large multi-layered medical affairs teams at a regional or global level
- In-industry experience and up-to-date therapy area knowledge in either Oncology or Neuroscience, in both cases ideally across multiple disease types
- Significant product launch experience across regional/global and local markets
- Expert knowledge of clinical development, clinical operations, biostatistics, safety and regulatory affairs
- Experience of working on strategic partnerships/alliances would be a big plus
- Commercial acumen, so that you're able to work as part of an executive leadership team that pulls together and makes the right decisions
- A vocal and passionate communicator, who will be a proud champion of medical affairs for the region across both Oncology and Neuroscience
To apply for this position please use the "Easy Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email email@example.com