North London, London
about 1 year ago
VP - Global Clinical Development - Oncology
A UK-based senior strategic leadership opportunity, working at an established mid-sized Global pharmaceutical business with a longstanding presence and extremely busy future in Oncology.
Acting as the Global R&D head for all Phase I-II programs, you will line manage a highly skilled team of MDs / PhDs with clinical and industry expertise in Oncology. This team is based across multiple sites, and each report will act as a Study Director of global cross-functional project teams, ultimately meaning your own overall workflow oversight is of a group nearing 100 staff.
This role will naturally work very closely with fellow VPs and department heads of other Global functions such as Discovery Medicine, Clinical Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Biostatistics and Drug Safety. This person will act as a true champion of all things early phase clinical development in Oncology for this organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as a member of the Global R&D leadership team for Oncology, making and executing strategic decisions that impact important clinical trial programs
- Lead the early phase focused Oncology clinical research team, driving project decision-making and helping team members and cross-functional colleagues to reach key business objectives
- Design and oversee development of Regional and Global clinical trial plans and protocols
- Lead interactions with partners on drug development collaborations, both within industry and academia
- Managing on-going dialogue with regulatory bodies for all early phase clinical trial programs (e.g. FDA, EMA, MHRA)
- Manage departmental and project-based reviews, ensuring efficient running of trials and cross-functional teams as per GCP and internal company SOPs
Candidate requirements include:
- Qualified physician (MD, MBBS, MBChB or equivalent)
- PhD qualified candidates will also be considered, assuming they offer all of the experience listed below
- An experienced pharma industry drug development expert with a significant number of years working in Study Director level roles at a Global level
- Phase I-II clinical research experience is essential
- Significant experience of working closely with regulatory bodies such as the FDA and EMA
- Line management experience of R&D teams across different locations/territories is required
- Oncology experience is required - it is highly advantageous to bring this from both pre-industry roles (e.g. clinical medicine, academia) and in-industry roles
- Experience of working on R&D partnerships, bringing molecules together as potential double or triple combination therapies
- A vocal and passionate communicator, who will be proud and loud to lead early phase Oncology clinical development for this business
To apply for this position please use the "Easy Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email email@example.com