Vice President Medical Affairs – Rare Disease – Pre-launch
Pharma-Partners is working with a small yet established clinical-stage biotech, with different Rare Disease indications in R&D spread across number of therapy areas.
This VP role will look after early pre-launch medical affairs activity for a specific product currently in late phase development, which would bring ground-breaking treatment to young patients suffering from a rare genetic condition.
Reporting to the executive leadership team, you will be the most senior medical stakeholder for this product and thus in a highly visible and challenging role for this biotech organisation.
- Working with the executive leadership team to progress medical affairs planning with the aim of successful launch and commercialisation of this specific product.
- Providing strategic medical affairs leadership, overseeing alignment of medical with clinical, commercial and corporate objectives and milestones
- Providing medical and scientific leadership on the product for a cross-functional team
- As pre-launch activity increases, building and managing a high profile and efficient medical affairs team aligned to this product and eventual brand.
- Leading the continued identification and engagement of key external experts (KEEs / KOLs) in the therapy area, and driving scientific and medical exchange and collaborations
- Acting as the champion for all related medical activity and projects that is running in conjunction with departments such as Market Access, Regulatory Affairs, Commercial, Pharmacovigilance, Business Development and Clinical Operations
- Creating and implement multi-layered medical education and outreach programmes to enable disease awareness in a complex rare disease space.
- Alongside senior colleagues in Clinical Operations, be responsible for data generation execution (registries) and tracking, to include management of CROs and other external vendors on study feasibility and allocation.
- Represent the business at key Regulatory interactions with bodies such as the EMA, MHRA and Swiss Medic
- Medically qualified (GMC registered or equivalent)
- Vast experience in medical affairs in the pharmaceutical industry, ideally at VP level if not Senior / Executive Director level
- Significant medical affairs experience at a Global level, ideally built up over a number of roles.
- Significant pre-launch and launch experience is required
- Time spent working in Rare Disease is a “must have”, although it does not necessarily have to be in a particular therapy area
- Long track record of working cross-functionally across markets and geographies to deliver a global medical affairs plan, ideally for a new-to-market product
- Experience in a small biotech would be a big advantage, though candidates who’ve only ever worked in “large pharma” will certainly still be considered.
To apply for this position please use the “Easy Apply” option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email email@example.com