about 2 years ago
UK Scientific Engagement Lead - Dermatology
Pharma-Partners is working closely with a well-know global pharmaceutical business operating in the Dermatology space. This organisation is recruiting a newly created role based in the UK to lead its proactive scientific engagement with senior external Dermatology stakeholders. This company is well-established with a significant portfolio of marketed treatments for various skin disorders, and also has a bright future with new high profile products coming to market over the next 2-5 years.
This person will work remotely to lead scientific exchange activities with external experts in the Dermatology field. This is not a reactive role, or a position like an MSL where one of your key measurables is delivering pre-ordained medical slide-decks / presentations that have been created by head office. This role has been created to allow this business to learn from the external clinical and healthcare market as to where there is unmet need for new treatments, or development of additional treatments from existing products on the market. Developing this understanding and then bringing this knowledge back in-house to the UK medical team will allow this company to decide upon new clinical study designs, and advancements in new treatment areas.
This role is suited to a physician with significant clinical experience in Dermatology and a tangible UK-wide network of connections in the therapy area (clinicians, KOLs, HCPs, investigators). The key for this company is to find the right profile in Dermatology, so therefore prior pharmaceutical industry experience is not a "must" and this could be your first pharma role.
- Act as this company's local affiliate scientific and clinical ambassador to the Dermatology community
- Gather and return external market insight to the business
- Develop and execute a publication plan for the local affiliate medical affairs team
- Act as lead speaker at internal medical education meetings
- Play a leading role in the development of medical education plans for new treatment areas
- Provide on-going therapeutically specialised medical/scientific training to colleagues across the organisation
- Develop an understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice and its importance in a company's decision-marking when launching new products in the UK market
- Medically qualified (MBBS, MBChB, MD or equivalent)
- Full GMC registration
- Experienced Dermatologist who has significant post-qualification clinical experience in NHS
- An excellent network in the Dermatology field in the UK
- Demonstrable educational skills, and a successful presenter
- First class written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally multiple peer-reviewed publications in Dermatology
- Examples of leadership in prior roles clinically or academically (e.g. project leadership)
To apply for this position please use the "Easy Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email email@example.com