£95000 - £125000 per annum + benefits package
over 3 years ago
Country Medical Director - Rare Disease
Pharma-Partners is recruiting a senior leadership position for a small, growing biotechnology business who specialise in Rare Diseases. They have both recently approved products to be launched and a strong pipeline across therapeutic areas with multiple molecules in Phases I-III.
Reporting into the General Manager this role takes the lead on all local Medical Affairs strategy and is accountable for line managing a sizeable medical team including 7 first-line reports and 8 second-line. The Medical Director is responsible for being the medical expert providing leadership to internal and external stakeholders, aligning all activities in line with regulatory and legal frameworks, and establishing a close working relationship with global teams.
This is a critical business hire with their first-in-class monoclonal antibody to be launched imminently.
- Lead and manage the Medical Affairs function for the UK
Develop medical strategy and effectively execute plans
- Internal and external expert for all product related queries
- Management of compliance for promotional materials in line with regulations such as the ABPI Code of Practice, including supporting other departments with compliance adherence
- Align plans in collaboration with business partners in global and EU teams Be the scientific and medical expert for the business within the therapy area
- Ensuring strong relationships are maintained with external stakeholders such as HCPs, KOLs, as well as regulatory bodies such as the MHRA and NICE
- GMC registered Physician or GPhC registered Pharmacist
- Significant experience in medical affairs
- Must be an ABPI Final Medical Signatory
- Experience of line managing a team within medical affairs
- Product launch experience beneficial
- Therapeutic experience in Rare Disease, Immunology, Inflammation, Haematology, Oncology, or CNS strongly preferred but not essential
- Good knowledge of the NHS with a proven track record of collaborating with KOLs and analysing scientific and clinical data to support medical strategy
- Strong leadership skills
- A good communicator, with tangible experience of working collaboratively with non-medical departments in a fast-paced commercial environment
Salary and benefits:
- A competitive basic salary plus benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate