7 months ago
UK Medical Director
Pharma-Partners is supporting a small well established pharmaceutical business to recruit a new permanent UK Medical Director. This organisation has a number of legacy products in two main therapy areas and is looking to build on this stability with new key launches in 2021 and 2022.
Working as the medical head of the UK operation and as part of the country leadership team, you will drive affiliate medical decision-making. This role also exists to manage and develop a head office and field-based medical affairs team, consisting of both experienced and newly appointed team members. You will collaborate with departmental managers and their teams on a daily basis, and act as the local figurehead for all things medical. This opportunity reports into the UK General Manager and will forge a strong working relationship with regional medical affairs leaders.
- Implementation of regional medical affairs strategy at a UK level, which involves ensuring the medical/scientific credibility and integrity of all activities conducted within the UK business
- Acts as the senior leader for UK medical affairs decision-making, working seamlessly with the General Manager, Business Unit Directors, Regulatory Head, and Finance Director
- Development and proactive maintenance of key scientific relationships with national Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) within the disease area, as well as payors and reimbursement authorities
- Drive the performance of a team of MSLs and Medical Advisors for the UK
- Represent the organisation as appropriate at national, regional, and international meetings and congresses
- GMC registered Physician or GPhC registered Pharmacist
- Significant post-qualification experience in clinical medicine or clinical pharmacy
- Significant experience in medical affairs in the pharmaceutical industry
- Some experience of product launch and ideally leading decision-making on local pre-launch medical affairs activity
- ABPI Final Medical Signatory status is essential
- Someone who is happy working in a relatively small country operation and flat structure, where your role can often be broader than just the job description
To apply for this position please use the "Easy Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email firstname.lastname@example.org