7 months ago
UK Medical Affairs Lead - Respiratory
Pharma-Partners is working with a large Global pharma business as it looks to hire a leader for its UK Medical Affairs team focused on Respiratory medicine.
This role will help manage strategic decision-making for all medical affairs activities across the Respiratory therapy area, and the postholder will work closely with the Therapy Area Medical Director for Immunology. They will also work collaboratively with other functional leaders and their teams (Commercial, Regulatory, Market Access) in order to successfully drive launch plans and ensure ethical compliance to external and internal codes of practice.
Line managing an MSL team, this can be someone's first step into direct line management. This team is likely to grow in 2022 in line with pre-launch planning, so there is scope to continue progressing in terms of leadership and management.
- Leadership of local Medical Affairs plans for assigned products, including execution and strategic decision-making for both marketed and pipeline products
- Lead and maintain important KOL and HCP relationships with key individuals and centres across the UK
- Act as an ABPI Final Medical Signatory and ensure compliance across your product line, in accordance with the highest company ethical standards as well as external codes of practice (e.g. ABPI)
- Support other functions with high levels of medical and scientific guidance on all assigned products, including the likes of Patient Engagement Programmes and HTA submissions
- Lead the implementation of therapy aligned Evidence Generation Programmes to meet local requirements of cross-functional teams
- GMC registered Physician or GPhC registered Pharmacist
- Post-qualification experience in clinical medicine or clinical pharmacy
- Significant experience in UK Medical Affairs in pharma, most likely as a Senior Medical Advisor or Medical Manager
- ABPI Final Medical Signatory status is essential
- Therapy area experience in Respiratory medicine or biologics is a nice-to-have rather than a must
- Line management experience is a significant advantage, although this can be substituted for someone who brings excellent knowledge of the role of an MSL and who has perhaps mentored more junior colleagues in their current role/team
- Ability to make important decisions with minimal support - decisive and proactive mindset
- Big pharma experience is not essential, though someone needs to know how to work successfully in a high-profile role and team where every day can be 100mph
To apply for this position please use the "Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email firstname.lastname@example.org