8 months ago
UK Medical Affairs Lead - Dermatology
Pharma-Partners is working with a "Top 10" Global pharma business as it looks to hire a leader for its UK Medical Affairs team focused on Dermatology.
This role will help manage strategic decision-making for all medical affairs activities across the Dermatology therapy area, and the postholder will work closely with the Therapy Area Medical Director for Immunology. They will also work collaboratively with other functional leaders and their teams (Commercial, Regulatory, Market Access) in order to successfully drive launch plans and ensure ethical compliance to external and internal codes of practice.
Line managing the MSL team, this can be someone's first step into direct line management. This overall team is likely to grow, so there is scope to continue progressing in terms of leadership and management.
- Leadership of local Medical Affairs plans for assigned products, including execution and strategic decision-making for launch products year-on-year
- Lead and maintain important KOL and HCP relationships with key individuals and centres across the UK
- Act as an ABPI Final Medical Signatory and ensure compliance across your product line, in accordance with the highest company ethical standards as well as external codes of practice (e.g. ABPI)
- Support other functions with high levels of medical and scientific guidance on all assigned products, including the likes of Patient Engagement Programmes and HTA submissions
- Lead the implementation of therapy aligned Evidence Generation Programmes to meet local requirements of cross-functional teams
- GMC registered Physician or GPhC registered Pharmacist
- Post-qualification experience in clinical medicine or clinical pharmacy
- Significant experience in UK Medical Affairs in pharma, most likely as a Senior Medical Advisor or Medical Manager
- ABPI Final Medical Signatory status is required
- Oncology experience in pharmaceutical medicine is required, although this does not have to be your expertise or necessarily the only therapy area you've ever focused on
- Ability to make important decisions with minimal support - decisive and proactive mindset
- Someone passionate about bringing life-changing Dermatological treatments to patients
- Big pharma experience is not essential, though someone needs to know how to work successfully in a high-profile role and team where every day can be 100mph
To apply for this position please use the "Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email email@example.com