Up to £125000 per annum + car allowance, annual bonus + standard bens
3 months ago
Medical Director - UK & Ireland
Pharma-Partners is working with a small/mid-sized specialty pharmaceutical business with a diverse portfolio across multiple therapy areas as they look to recruit a new UK & Ireland Medical Director.
Reporting into EU Medical and as the most senior medic for the affiliate, this position is responsible for developing and implementing country level strategy whilst providing medical and scientific expertise to colleagues. The Medical Director is part of the affiliate leadership team and will input into key cross functional projects. In this role you will manage a small team including Medical Advisors, MSLs, Medical Information and Pharmacovigilance.
This opportunity is open for a first time Medical Director providing you are a UK registered Medical Doctor, have Medical Affairs line management experience, and have worked as a Therapy Area Head, Head of Medical Affairs, Medical Lead/Manager or equivalent.
- Provide medical leadership to activities across the UK & Ireland
- Member of affiliate Leadership Team
- Line manage, coach and lead the medical department
- Development of medical affairs strategy in collaboration with business partners and regional teams
- Direct post-marketed Clinical Research activities
- Oversee Pharmacovigilance and Medical Information activities
- Develop influential relationships with KOLs
- Ensure high standards of compliance across the business
- Medical Doctor (must be GMC registered)
- Significant amount of pharmaceutical industry experience in Medical Affairs
- Demonstrable competence in and understanding of Medical Affairs strategy
- Proven leadership and line management skills
- Effective communicator
Salary & Remuneration:
- Competitive basic annual salary plus a benefits package to include car allowance and annual bonus scheme
To apply for this position please use the "Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email firstname.lastname@example.org