Senior Vice President, Account Services – Medical Communications – US
Pharma Partners are partnering with an award-winning specialist Medical Communications agency. They exist to make a positive contribution to patient care. Real-world experience of patients is at the heart of their programs. Through a deep understanding of health behaviour, they align key stakeholder touchpoints to deliver intelligent, highly impactful, and clinically relevant programs.
The SVP, Account professional is responsible for supervising their account teams and their resources. Central to the SVP’s responsibility is ensuring tactical and strategic integrity and training the account team in this regard. The individual is responsible for development of ongoing business on their accounts and assisting with and identifying other new business development opportunities (organic growth).
What you would be responsible for:
- Lead the team on strategic/business development and tactical implementation.
- Develop, author and present business plans.
- Coordinate and prioritize activities amongst accounts.
- Identify and proactively respond to needs that arise as well as lead longer term planning.
- Possess a good foundation of knowledge of the category to which brands belong appropriately interpret market research data into brand ideas
- Train, develop, and appropriately delegate to account team – encourage and provide growth and development to junior account management team.
- Provide direction and supervise team on implementation, including development of strategically sound agendas for key events.
- Develop and manage staffing plan to ensure appropriate resource allocation and utilization.
- Oversee contract development and overall budget development and approval.
- Liaise with internal senior managers, scientific services, medical education, finance, etc. to ensure optimal client satisfaction, business development, and income potential.
- Manage current tactical plan and SOW.
What you bring to the table:
- Ideally, you have at least 10 years’ experience in an account management role at a medical communications agency
- Client interaction comes naturally to you; you’re a pro at establishing an effective demeanor and communicating to influence one’s point of view.
- You are a strategic thinker. You emphasize the broader, longer term vision and values as a means of guiding decisions and actions.
- You have the ability to develop a clear understanding of therapeutic categories and stay up-to-date on the competitive landscape.
- You are goal-oriented and thrive in a collaborative, team environment.
Sound interesting? Contact Jason Salt at Pharma Partners for more details.