Job title: Senior Medical Manager - Distributor markets
A rapidly growing rare disease biotech is seeking an experienced medical affairs professional to join its growing team covering key emerging markets. This is a newly created role with lots of scope and autonomy, it will involve regional travel and be heavily involved with strategy, medical operations and key external communication with distributors to market the product effectively.
- Develop and maintain in-depth expertise for designated products, including analysis of current literature, opinion and recommendations.
- Be a proactive and strategic member of designated business cross-functional teams.
- Work with commercial and other relevant staff to develop strategies and supporting materials for designated products in local, regional and global markets (as required).
- Provision of medical and clinical leadership in key activities such as product launches, conference activities, issues management, competitor complaints.
- Provision of expertise to submissions and presentations to government authorities in the designated country(s), where relevant, to achieve registration, recommendation and/or funding of products.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and relevant medical staff in partner companies to ensure mutual sharing of key product information, issues management and competitive strategies.
- MD, MPharm or PhD preferred, life science degree required
- Significant experience working in medical affairs, ideally at a regional or global level
- Experience working in rare diseases or related fields would be advantageous
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Salary and benefits:
A highly competitive salary and wider benefits scheme is on offer