6 months ago
Senior Medical Advisor (UK Lead)
Pharma-Partners are currently supporting a global pharmaceutical company hire a first position of its kind for the business. You will act as the UK Medical Lead as Senior Medical Advisor for the entire company portfolio.
This role will be responsible for establishing, fostering, cultivating and maintaining credible and unbiased medical and scientific dialogue with multiple external entities. The role focus is to act as the conduit for accurate, unbiased and updated clinical, scientific and medical information between the external scientific community in the assigned countries and the company which will support the strategic growth of the Group's Portfolio in each Country.
- Ensure that regional and local medical plans are effectively implemented to support the strategic growth of the Group's product portfolio in relevant specialties.
- Provide a world class field-based expert Medical Service to KOLs, Product Advocates, experts, HCPs and commercial team within the designated countries and therapeutic areas.
- Identify local medical and patient needs, defining and executing local Medical Plans aligned with the individual country and regional field medical strategy.
- Engage in scientific exchange and develop/maintain relationships with cooperative groups, medical associations and external experts within countries/therapeutic areas in order to identify unmet medical needs, evidence gaps, obtain insight and optimize the scientific community's knowledge of the Group's product portfolio and development activities within compliance.
- Provide high quality medical and scientific educational programs, guidance and product training to HCPs and commercial team to support the safe and effective use of our products within compliance.
- Working closely with the Country & Commercial/Market Access functions to ensure the knowledge and inclusion of company products in local guidelines/formularies, through the best available evidence of product's value and effectiveness.
- Participate in training via quality medical education presentations for internal, new field-based medical staff and field-based sales force.
- Coordinate the IISs at Regional level, ensuring that projects submitted are scientifically sound, acting as IIS Facilitator at the IIS-RC and as a link with the Investigator when required.
- In collaboration with the Clinical team assist in identification of potential clinical sites, collect feedback on potential clinical development options from multi-disciplinary physicians and support patient recruitment activities as directed.
- Ensure compliance with all local laws regulating company activities and that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with company values.
- Graduate level with ideally a post-graduate qualification and/or PhD or equivalent work experience. MD a benefit.
- Relevant experience within a medical advisor/MSL role ideally in an international matrix environment.
- Experience with impactful formal presentation and interaction with global/regional level experts is required.
Salary & Remuneration:
- Basic annual salary depending on experience plus a standard benefits package
To apply for this position please use the "Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email email@example.com