Senior Director, International Medical Affairs - Rare Disease/Gene Therapy
Pharma-Partners are currently supporting a leading biopharmaceutical company at the forefront of therapies for rare and orphan diseases to hire a Senior Director, International Medical Affairs.
As a member of the International Medical Leadership team, this role will be accountable for planning and executing Medical affairs plans across multiple regions. Having both strategic and managerial responsibilities, this is a great opportunity for an experience medical affairs professional who has worked at a UK and regional level to join the business at an exciting time of expansion.
- Provide leadership, development and direct supervision to Country Medical Directors across the region.
- Recruit, train and develop team members; identify and manage talent, enabling team to fulfil their potential. Define Key Performance Indicators for the Country Medical Directors within the Region
- Develop and implement the regional medical strategy and tactical operational plans including oversight of regional led studies, KOL engagement, generation and communication of clinical and scientific data.
- Work closely with cross-functional colleagues including Commercial, Regulatory, Research & Development, Pharmacovigilance, and Market Access serving as a clinical and scientific consult to internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish networks with external experts to expand research opportunities and seek medical insights to help inform local and regional strategy/plans
- Manage the Medical Affairs budget at a regional level
- Provide clinical and scientific input into the reimbursement negotiations as appropriate with local authorities and liaising with health authorities and payers as required
- Medical degree/PharmD (or equivalent)
- Substantial experience with a leading international life science company within the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry
- Prior experience in the area of rare diseases is a distinct asset
- Proficiency in the APBI Code of Practice is required.
- Thorough experience and confidence when positioning biologic products with KOLs and prescribing physicians and hospitals
- Experience in communicating and building relations with authorities, health care sector professionals including specialist care, as well as KOL management
Salary & Remuneration:
- Competitive basic annual salary plus a benefits package to include company car/car allowance, bonus, and long term incentives
To apply for this position please use the "Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email firstname.lastname@example.org