over 1 year ago
Senior Country Medical Director - UK & Ireland
Pharma-Partners is recruiting an important leadership position for a large global pharmaceutical organisation. This well-known company has established products in a number of different therapy areas including a large generics and consumer portfolio. There is a particularly bright future in the Neurology space for this business, with important innovative speciality medicines either soon to launch or coming through the development pipeline in the next few years.
Working as part of an experienced senior leadership team, this role takes the lead on all local Medical Affairs strategy as the head of a UK-based team. You would lead heavy interaction and collaboration with managers and their teams across Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Sales, and Marketing.
This isn't a role that exists to simply maintain what's gone before. This role and company would offer the successful candidate an opportunity to come in and develop others, innovate, contribute widely across the business, and play an integral role in preparing the UK market for new products in the medium-to-long term.
- Develop, motivate and manage a medical affairs and medical information team of mixed experience levels, to ensure high levels of efficiency and overall output of the UK medical function
- Management of compliance for promotional materials in line with regulations such as the ABPI Code of Practice, including supporting other departments with compliance adherence
- Ensuring strong relationships are maintained with external stakeholders such as HCPs, KOLs, as well as regulatory bodies such as the MHRA and NICE
- Take on management of ad hoc projects assigned to UK medical
- Represent medical at affiliate level senior leadership meetings including driving strategic and ethical decision-making
- Work closely with Regional and Global colleagues in medical and other departments, to execute medical affairs plans and align to this company's overall global strategy
- Medically qualified (MBBS, MBChB, MD or equivalent)
- Significant experience in medical affairs in pharmaceutical medicine
- ABPI Final Medical Signatory
- Significant experience of line managing teams ideally in multiple medical affairs roles
- A background in Neurology is highly desirable, in either clinical or pharmaceutical medicine
- Good knowledge of the NHS with a proven track record of collaborating with KOLs and analysing scientific and clinical data to support medical strategy
- A good communicator, with tangible experience of working collaboratively with non-medical departments in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Someone who understands the complexities of working with Regional and Global colleagues in a fast-paced environment
To apply for this position please use the "Easy Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email email@example.com