Senior Account Director – Healthcare PR
Pharma Partners are working with a global Healthcare Communications client who are currently looking to add to their Healthcare PR team with a Senior Account Director hire available.
Their success starts by strategically aligning promotion and PR across the product lifecycle, using creativity and innovation to craft persuasive stories. Their experts in strategic consultancy, cause and corporate campaigning, work side-by-side with our clients. Their goal is to put their story at the forefront of tomorrow’s healthcare agenda and help people around the world be at the centre of their own healthcare conversations.
The Role Overview
The Senior Account Director begins to assume the majority lead in terms of providing strategic direction to clients and on certain aspects of business direction (in terms of functional plans) to the MDs/CEO.
The SAD will start to become more heavily involved in medium and long-term resource planning across the team, as well as become more responsible for individual team member development and will also play a key role in driving the business forward through the identification of new business opportunities and proposal/pitch documentation.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee multiple, designated accounts, appropriately directing account team activity
- Ensure accounts are serviced profitably through effective accurate fee forecasting and staffing level projections
- Develop integrated, multichannel communications programmes and set performance targets
- Take responsibility for client satisfaction, retention and development
- Ensure an annual external strategic review of client accounts is executed
- Line management including leading and motivating your team members, conducting regular appraisals (where you are responsible) and ensuring challenging and SMART personal development objectives are set
- Continue to give shape, coherence and direction to all written materials, ensuring they meet strategic needs and oversee quality control for all written materials
You will bring:
- Previous experience from healthcare PR agency with a focus on Patient Engagement
- Up-to-date knowledge of the ABPI, PAGB codes, MHRA and other relevant international regulatory bodies
- Understanding of the NHS/international health systems and broader health environment
- Leadership skills
- Excellent people management skills – managing performance, delegation and coaching
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Financial management skills – budgeting
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Commercial acumen
Sound Interesting? Contact Jason Salt at Pharma Partners for more details.