Job title: Regional Medical Director - Rare Diseases
A global rare disease biotech are looking for a Regional Medical Lead to work on their leading marketed product. You will lead on regional strategy, matrix manage affiliate medical teams and work closely with key cross functional groups to ensure the deliver of medical activities. This role is a key member of the medical affairs leadership team and is a highly visible position within the growing organisation.
- Act as a subject matter expert to the International Region
- Responsible for the development and execution of the medical activities within the International Medical Plan, and supporting in country medical activities when needed
- Responsible for ensuring the medical activities are aligned to the Global Medical Strategy for the disease area and product(s)
- Develop and lead International scientific educational programs and events for Healthcare providers in partnership with cross functional teams
- Develop and lead International scientific advice seeking events
- Establish networks with external experts to expand potential research opportunities aligned with the Global Medical Strategy and Key Areas of Interest, and seek medical insights to inform local and regional strategy
- Support Global Medical Operations and Country Medical Teams to deliver data generation activities including investigator-initiated research and company sponsored phase IV and or non-interventional research.
- Line manage 1 direct report and matrix manage regional affiliate leaders
- MD or MPharm degree preferred
- Extensive experience in medical affairs at both affiliate and regional level required
- ABPI final signatory preferred
- Prior experience in rare diseases or a biotech environment would be advantageous
Salary and benefits:
A highly competitive salary and wider benefits scheme is on offer