5 months ago
Medical Science Liaison - Rare Disease
Our client is a global biotechnology business with a history of work in the Rare Disease space. They have a newly created Medical Science Liaison (MSL) role which has become available due to the sheer number of emerging pipeline treatments coming through.
This is a "National" MSL role covering England and Wales, with key prescribing centres situated in London and Leeds. You'll essentially act as a field medical lead for all external activities and be key to a new drug launch in 2022. Said drug has a further 3-5 indications in development which will be brought to market thereafter, so as the MSL you will be heavily involved in IITs and multiple launches.
The Medical Affairs teams is headed by an experienced Pharmaceutical Physician and this particular role reports into the Senior Medical Advisor.
- Be a field medical expert in the therapy area
- Provide scientific expertise and technical support to Key Opinion Leaders, ensuring the maintenance of credible and ethical relationships which allows them to access up-to-date medical and scientific information
- Share relevant insights within medical and cross-functional teams
- Support and deliver medical training of commercial field teams
- Identify opportunities for, and provide advice on Investigator Initiated Studies
- Focus on patient outcomes, develop local guidelines to support the use of the company's Haematology product
- Help to identify and establish relationships with new HCPs and KOLs across the assigned region
- Ensure adherence to company SOPs and medial compliance
- Work with office-based colleagues in Medical and Brand teams, as well as other field-based colleagues, to provide scientific support and education for the company's products
- Represent the business and medical team at local, regional and global congress and symposia
- University Degree level education in relevant scientific field, pharmacy, or similar (PhD candidates are desirable)
- Experience as an MSL within the UK life science industry is essential
- Experience in specialty care is preferred
- Knowledgeable of the UK healthcare system
- Competent in the ABPI Code of Practice
- Demonstrable experience in managing key internal and external relationships
- Effectively assimilate scientific and clinical data to the relevant audience
To apply for this position please use the "Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email email@example.com