Medical Science Liaison - Haematology - Ireland, Northern Ireland & Scotland
Our client is a global biotechnology business with a history of work in the Rare Disease space. Following an internal promotion they're now seeking a new Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) to cover Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
This role sits in the Haematology team and will drive field based medical affairs activities for a couple of marketed and well known brands in Haemophilia whilst also supporting the launch of new compound awaiting approval. Working with complex Rare Diseases it will be critical that the successful candidate builds and maintains strong relationships with healthcare professionals across the territory and provides scientific support, training, and advice to cross functional teams internally.
The Medical Affairs teams is headed by an experienced Pharmaceutical Physician and this particular role reports into the MSL team lead.
- Be a field medical expert in the therapy area
- Provide scientific expertise and technical support to Key Opinion Leaders, ensuring the maintenance of credible and ethical relationships which allows them to access up-to-date medical and scientific information
- Share relevant insights within medical and cross-functional teams
- Support and deliver medical training of commercial field teams
- Identify opportunities for, and provide advice on Investigator Initiated Studies
- Focus on patient outcomes, develop local guidelines to support the use of the company's Haematology product
- Help to identify and establish relationships with new HCPs and KOLs across the assigned region
- Ensure adherence to company SOPs and medial compliance
- Work with office-based colleagues in Medical and Brand teams, as well as other field-based colleagues, to provide scientific support and education for the company's products
- Represent the business and medical team at local, regional and global congress and symposia
- University Degree level education in relevant scientific field, pharmacy, or similar (PhD candidates are desirable)
- Experience as an MSL in the life science industry is essential
- Experience in Haematology or Rare Diseases is preferred but not required
- Knowledgeable of the UK and Ireland healthcare systems
- Demonstrable experience in managing key internal and external relationships
- Effectively assimilate scientific and clinical data to the relevant audience
To apply for this position please use the "Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email firstname.lastname@example.org