3 months ago
Medical Director - Pipeline Oncology
Pharma-Partners is working exclusively with a large pharmaceutical business to recruit an important role within the US medical affairs function. This organisation has an established presence in multiple therapy areas, with Oncology now its fastest growing and most heavily invested product portfolio.
Reporting to the Medical Affairs Lead, you will provide key input and support for Oncology assets in development thus better informing product development, evidence generation, and launch planning. This role will work closely with commercial colleagues focused on early assets, as well as Global medical affairs and R&D teams. Key duties include:
- Gathering and communicating medical insights from external and internal stakeholders to shape and steer product development decision-making, as well as Global medical affairs plans
- Supporting senior medical affairs colleagues with the development of pipeline medical plans, laying the initial foundation for future launches; this involves contributing to advanced scenario-planning and preliminary preparation for US Oncology launches
- Providing input into the design of clinical research trials and clinical development plans; understanding and communicating clinical and market access data requirements for US market and providing input to shape clinical and health outcomes evidence plans to support anticipated market needs
- Ensuring early input into priority US research site strategy, external research group alliances, and other key US external stakeholders
- Building external relationships in partnership with Oncology field medical affairs colleagues, and collaborating with internal R&D leaders to help build internal relationships with external experts
- Updating and leading training for Oncology field medical affairs teams and other internal stakeholders on pipeline progress and status
- Higher degree life science qualification (e.g. MD, PharmD, PhD)
- Prior experience in US-based medical affairs is highly desirable, however this company can potentially consider someone new to industry if they come with the right therapeutic expertise and motivations to move away from clinical medicine and/or academia
- If coming with prior medical affairs experience, demonstrated examples of leading and managing cross-functional work within medical affairs, as well as an understanding of medical affairs life cycle management and launch support requirements
- An understanding of promotional codes/regulations used in a traditional medical affairs role
- Demonstrated ability to build strong internal and external networks.