over 2 years ago
Pharma-Partners is working with an established yet rapidly growing global Clinical Research Organisation, to recruit a Medical Director focused on the delivery of clinical development projects in specific therapy area specialisations.
This business works with pharma and biotech sponsors across the likes of Oncology, Haematology, Infectious Diseases, Cardiology, Immunology and Neuroscience. A good proportion of clinical studies within these therapy areas are focused on the development of rare disease products, across Europe and globally.
As part of on-going expansion at the senior end of the medical function, a physician can come in to this Director role with true responsibility for multiple projects acting as a subject matter expert to both internal and external stakeholders. This role is wide-ranging in responsibility seeing the incumbent involved in strategic decision-making when it comes to trial design and implementation, as well as operating in a “hands on” way when it comes to supporting local trial sites and driving data movement.
- Providing both medical and scientific expertise by actively contributing to clinical study reports and regulatory documentation
- Working as part of multiple cross functional teams across all phases of clinical trials, including assessing trial feasibility, process design, managing medical information, providing medical education, and reviewing / editing medical documentation
- Act as the medical expert for assigned clinical trials including performing medical monitoring duties
- Evaluating and assessing assigned clinical trials to ensure reporting of any safety issues, and overall safety vigilance
- Actively participate in proposal and sponsor meetings to aide new business development
- Medically qualified (MBBS, MBChB, MD or equivalent)
- Board Certification or an equivalent clinical specialisation is essential (in Oncology, Haematology, Infectious Diseases, Cardiology, Immunology, or Neuroscience)
- Experience in the an industry clinical research role, ideally in a global CRO or pharma/biotech company
- Balanced experience across Phases I, II, and III is preferred though candidates with a heavier weighting of experience in only early or late phase can still be considered
- Someone prepared to work at all levels in a varied role, where a “hands on” attitude is essential
To apply for this position please use the “Easy Apply” option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email firstname.lastname@example.org