South West England, England
about 2 years ago
Medical Affairs Manager
Pharma-Partners are currently working with a family owned, growing, pharmaceutical company seeking to hire a Medical Affairs Manager in the South of the UK. The business has a very diverse portfolio made through successful and ambitious product acquisitions.
The successful candidate will manage a team of 2 including a Scientific Advisor and MSL. At times you will deputise for the Medical Director and be involved in key business decisions regarding product acquisitions/due diligance and medical strategy.
- To be accountable for the development and maintenance of appropriate and compliant departmental systems and processes
- To effectively manage departmental resources including preparation and monitoring of budgets.
- To ensure the quality of product information and conduct of clinical research activities from a Medical and Vigilance perspective
- To contribute to corporate strategy development including definition of the strategy for the Medical function
- To contribute to projects, as needed, including Due Diligence and resource and budget planning associated with corporate acquisitions and divestments
- To be responsible for departmental training and staff professional development as required to fulfil departmental goals and objectives. Training activities may include mentoring, continuing professional development and people management.
- To advise on the development, maintenance and optimisation of relationships with internal & external customers e.g. with Key Opinion Leaders, Advisory Board members and Regulatory Authorities.
- To provide medically accurate scientific and technical advice to the business at all times by ensuring own continuing professional development
- Deputise for manager as required.
- Medically qualified with a number of years industry experience within Medical Affairs
- ABPI final signatory
- Experience of direct line management
- Experience of working across multiple therapeutic fields
- Strong leadership, communication and time management skills
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive basic salary and remuneration package
To apply for this position please use the "Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email firstname.lastname@example.org