5 months ago
Head of Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) - UK & Ireland
Pharma-Partners is working with an established medium-sized global pharmaceutical company to recruit an important newly created leadership role based from the UK. The organisation has an established product portfolio across two key areas, with an interesting pipeline in both including launches expected in the next 2 years and also various investigational compounds in early phase development.
Reporting to an experienced Country Medical Director, you will act as a senior leader in the affiliate medical affairs team and have direct line management responsibility for a field-based team of MSLs working across the UK & Ireland. This role is as much about setting a proactive and forward-thinking philosophy for the MSL team, as it is maintaining the high levels of performance that are already being delivered.
- Lead, manage, mentor and coach the MSL team
- Act as a bridge between field and head-office based medical teams, funnelling in strategic in-sights and knowledge from the field
- Be a non-promotional, field-based, medical and scientific service
- Identify Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) across the UK & Ireland, and share scientific information and areas of research as appropriate, building the scientific credibility of the organisation and gathering and communicating key insights from the field
- Identify Investigator Initiated Studies that would enable presentations at National and International meetings and ensure feedback to head office medical affairs colleagues
- Life science degree (e.g. BSc, MSc, PhD, MPharm, MD)
- Significant experience as an MSL in the UK over many years in pharmaceutical medicine
- Line management experience is preferred, although a senior MSL who has mentored and helped develop more junior field-based medical affairs colleagues would be considered
- Strong track record of building and maintaining KOL relationships
- An understanding of the complexities of the UK healthcare system at both a national and local level, and a proven track record of navigating this
- Someone who is able to listen and help develop their staff, with a focus on mentoring as much as management
To apply for this position please use the "Easy Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email firstname.lastname@example.org