about 1 year ago
Head of Medical Affairs - Specialty Medicine
Pharma-Partners are working closely with a Top 10 pharmaceutical company seeking a leader in Medical Affairs to operationally and strategically head up their specialty medicines division.
The successful candidate will manage a team of 4 at a UK level, report into the Country Medical Director and be heavily involved in providing guidance and support to the team in defining critical strategies and executing innovative medical activities that support the therapy area. As part of the Medical Leadership Team, the Head of Medical Affairs will provide scientific focus for the business whilst providing technical support to, and work collaboratively with, cross functional teams.
- Lead the UK Specialty Products Medical Affairs department in defining critical strategies and executing medical activities
- Ensure proactive scientific and clinical input by members of the Medical Division into the Brand teams and key brand initiatives.
- Establish and develop strong relationships with key external customers including External Experts, Public Bodies e.g. Department of Health, MHRA and key external influencers e.g. NHSE.
- Lead the brand-aligned Medical team and ensure its compliance to corporate requirements and processes on medical activities
- Drive Medical Strategy and align with Global strategies for the Brand within the Brand Team and integrate it into the Brand Plan
- Play an active part within Brand Teams and identify opportunities to work collaboratively with cross-functional colleagues to deliver on key objectives
- Supervise and performance-manage the team and ensure Medical Science Liaisons are appropriately aligned to the core medical and brand strategies.
- Medically qualified with a number of years clinical experience post-registration and GMC registered; or PhD scientist or pharmacist background
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, within Medical Affairs
- Experience of direct line management in a medical affairs, matrix environment
- Experience of working in Neuroscience or Virology is preferable but not a requirement
- Strong leadership, communication and time management skills
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive basic salary and remuneration package
To apply for this position please use the "Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email firstname.lastname@example.org