10 months ago
Head of Medical Affairs - Immunology
Our client, an established pharmaceutical business known for their work in a range of therapy areas, is seeking an experienced Medical Affairs professional to join and lead their Immunology medical team. Within the Immunology you'll have portfolio responsibility for a leading blockbuster drug and pipeline in stem cell therapy.
Reporting into and deputising the Country Medical Director the Head of Medical Affairs will be responsible for UK Medical Affairs strategy for the Immunology therapeutic division, line management (1st line Medical Advisor reports and MSL Manager and 2nd line field medical team), liaising with global colleagues, and working closely and effectively with Commercial and Marketing teams.
As a key member of the Medical Leadership Team this role will oversee a number of projects across the entire medical function.
- Active member of the Medical Leadership Team
- Lead UK Medical Affairs activities and develop and implement Immunology therapy area medical plans
- Line manage 3 Medical Advisors and an MSL Manager with 6 reports
- Work closely with Global Medical Affairs teams and align UK strategy with Global plans
- Effectively manage medical budgets
- Build and maintain relationships with KOLs
- Collaborate with Brand Team to develop brand plan strategy
- Act as an internal scientific expert for Medical Affairs related activities
- Review and approve materials in line with the ABPI Code of Practice
- Provide specialist scientific internal training to head office and field based teams
- Maintain knowledge of all therapy areas within the business and support the wider medical function
- GMC registered Physician or GPhC registered Pharmacist required
- Must have Medical Affairs experience in the UK
- Line management experience in the pharmaceutical industry is required
- ABPI Final Signatory status required
- Therapy area experience not required but a background in Immunology would be beneficial
- Demonstrable leadership skills and strategic thinker
- Cross functional project experience
- Confident presenter and strong communication skills
Salary & Remuneration:
- A competitive basic salary will be offered to the successful candidate plus a benefits package to include company car/car allowance, bonus, private medical, pension etc.
- Funding & support for Physicians to pursue PMST (if not already completed)
To apply for this position please use the "Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email email@example.com