Global Head of Medical Science Liaisons
As part of the Global Medical Affairs team and reporting into an SVP Medical, this role is accountable for leading, managing and building the global MSL organisation.
The primary focus is to understand the business needs and develop a vision for MSLs and implement a plan to truly optimise the activities of the MSL function. As an above therapy area role, the needs of each group will need to be considered and the core strategy needs to be made somewhat adaptable for each country. This is a key leadership role in the organisation, and you will work closely with training and capabilities team, 1st line manager community, in Country Medical Directors, and the wider cross functional heads.
For this vacancy, we’re seeking experienced MSLs that have ideally developed into a team lead before stepping into an above country position. If you have this experience or similar, then do get in touch and we can discuss in more detail.
- Develop and implement a global strategic plan for MSL activities
- Lead the global MSL organisation and create a level of consistency across the business
- Effectively collaborate with the Medical Excellence group, in particular the training and capabilities team
- Be the voice for the MSL organisation at cross functional team meetings
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the business on a local, regional and global level
- Indirect leadership and development of local MSL teams through involvement in recruitment, coaching and strategic planning
- At all times adhere to the compliance framework
- Medical Doctor, Pharmacist or PhD qualified
- International experience of the MSL role and/or leadership of MSLs
- Medical Affairs line management experience
- Significant experience as a Medical Science Liaison or equivalent field medical affairs role
- Experience of developing and implementing an strategic field medical plan
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent presentation and project management skills
- Basic salary plus a benefits package to include car allowance and annual bonus
To apply for this position please use the “Apply” option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email email@example.com