almost 3 years ago
Country Medical Director
Pharma-Partners are retained exclusively by a leading pharmaceutical business. Offering an extensive marketed product portfolio across multiple therapeutic areas as well as a significant Phase I-III pipeline, our client is now seeking a Country Medical Director to lead the UK Medical Department.
The role will manage multi-functional department heads as well as interdisciplinary scientific teams and will hold overall responsibility for circa 50+ individuals.
Positioned within the UK leadership team, this is a superb opportunity for a seasoned medical affairs professional to join a high profile organisation and immediately make an impact both operationally and strategically at affiliate / European level.
- Strategic Planning for the affiliate medical department, ensuring that affiliate medical staff contribute valuable strategic input to commercial plans; collaborate and partner with local business partners to ensure that medical activities are aligned with local business-related strategic plans, as well as those of Regional and Global Medical Affairs.
- Ensure that local medical affairs implementation plans are executed efficiently, and that resourcing, skills and capabilities are appropriate to meet needs.
- Provide leadership, line management and development for the affiliate medical and multi- functional departments and staff members.
- Ensure adherence to company standards, policies and procedures: Accountable for enhancing affiliate medical personnel understanding of compliance requirements, risk identification and assessment, mitigation planning as well as implementation and monitoring of appropriate internal controls.
- Ensure that the affiliate operates an effective promotional material review & approval process, and act as final medical signatory (may be delegated) for all promotional and scientific materials.
- Serve as the key medical spokesperson and primary medical representative with governmental agencies, professional associations, special interest groups and the healthcare community at large.
- Medical Degree, MPharm or PhD required
- Significant previous Medical Affairs experience is essential
- UK clinical experience is highly desirable
- Management experience of medical teams & significant numbers of medical/scientific staff
- Demonstratable ability to build and lead a layered medical organisation of significant size and complexity
- Personable, collaborative and team oriented approach with the ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Salary and Remuneration:
This role is offering a highly competitive remuneration package which is commensurate with an executive level position.
To apply for this position please use the "Easy Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email firstname.lastname@example.org