about 1 year ago
Country Medical Director - UK & Ireland
Pharma-Partners is working exclusively with a small specialty pharmaceutical business focussed on improving patients' lives who suffer from Rare Disease by developing and commercialising products in areas of unmet need.
In this senior director role, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the local medical affairs strategy and programs in order to achieve business goals in a fast-paced environment. Pivotal to the success of the organisation you will provide medical leadership to other business functions, enhancing the collaborative environment that currently exists and interact regularly with EU and Global teams. The Country Medical Director will line manage the medical affairs team which includes office and field-based reports and be accountable for overseeing future recruitment as the company continues to grow.
Our client has a background in Rare Disease with several marketed products and new pipeline to launch in the coming years.
- Provide medical leadership to activities across the UK & Ireland
- Line manage, coach and lead the medical affairs department
- Development of medical affairs strategy in collaboration with business partners and regional teams
- Input into Market Access activities where and when required
- Effectively design, deliver and implement the medical plan
- Carry out data generation activities
- Develop influential relationships with KOLs
- Ensure high standards of compliance
- Medical Doctor (must be GMC registered)
- Scientific Graduate (PhD or Pharmacy) may also be considered
- Significant amount of pharmaceutical industry experience in Medical Affairs
- Proven leadership and line management skills
- Demonstrable competence in and understanding of Medical Affairs strategy
- Product launch experience is highly desirable
- Preferred therapy area experience (although not essential): Rare Disease, Haemato-Oncology, Oncology, Haematology, Transplantation, Neurology, Respiratory
Salary & Remuneration:
- Competitive basic annual salary plus a benefits package to include company car/car allowance, bonus and shares
To apply for this position please use the "Apply" option or feel free to send your CV directly to the Pharma-Partners team via email firstname.lastname@example.org