Up to £60000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Account Director - Medical Communications
An independent and award-winning healthcare communications agency in central London is seeking an Account Director to join its successful client services team. The role will oversee and manage the planning and delivery of account activities and programmes that meet client objectives.
Accounts are predominantly on an international and global scale, covering therapy areas such as Oncology, Urology, Neurology and a variety of Rare Diseases.
- Take responsibility for the growth of a portfolio of global customer accounts, taking ownership of the agency relationship with a client company
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical market issues, client and competitor company / product positioning, and overall strategic objectives of clients.
- Take an active role in new business development, helping to secure and respond to RFPs, contributing and sometimes leading pitches and winning new work. Present internally and externally.
- Continually assess and maintain an understanding of the competitive landscape (activities, positioning and pricing) and keep abreast of potential opportunities and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to maintain demanding timelines. Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
- Ideally at least 4 years' experience in a healthcare agency environment or similar.
- Leadership skills and the ability to influence others with perseverance as well as the talent for leveraging the capabilities of peers, business partners and associates.
- Bachelor's Degree in medicine, pharmacy, sciences, marketing or other relevant area.
Salary and benefits:
- Extensive benefits package
- Salary upto £60,000