Senior Regional Medical Lead
Our client is a leading biotechnology organisation at the forefront of advanced therapies to treat a range of devastating rare diseases. The organisation sought to hire a senior regional medical lead to heavily impact company expansion and strategic medical plans.
Pharma-Partners was engaged after another agency had failed to fill the position for six months. We were asked to fully map the UK market and provide a shortlist of suitable candidates.
- MD or MPharm qualification
- Experience within medical affairs at a regional or global level
- ABPI final signatory
- Ideally experience within rare diseases or a biotech environment
- UK-based with willingness to travel globally 30% of the time.
Previous challenges with other agencies
- The presented candidates did not meet the all the above requirements
- The number of CVs submitted was low, showcasing only part of the market
- Interviewed candidates were unsuitable due to lack of experience at regional level and didn’t align with company values
- Agencies demonstrated a lack of understanding regarding pharmaceutical physicians in the UK market and lacked the network or ability to headhunt more passive candidates.
- Our team engaged with senior stakeholders in the organisation, alongside talent acquisition to understand the challenges to date
- We provided the client with a full and detailed re-briefing on the assignment
- We conducted pre-assignment market intelligence to align client requirements with current market conditions
- We agreed timelines and milestones with the client, and created a communication plan regarding sourcing progress
- We provided valuable market feedback, insights into current trends in the market, and full, detailed profiling of candidates submitted.
- Through a detailed market mapping exercise, we engaged with over 100 suitable candidates, identifying 30 as a good fit
- We met, interacted and discussed in detail the opportunity with a total of 18 candidates
- Six candidates were submitted.
- Four candidates were interviewed at the first stage, and three candidates moved to second stage. One candidate selected and offered.
- We were able to deliver on all of the above within a period of 12 weeks
“Pharma-Partners are our first choice when it comes to hiring staff in the life sciences sector. They have proven that they can deliver the highest quality and consult on the toughest of job briefs, where their competitors have not been able to. They are a professional yet down to earth business who I would strongly recommend to other Pharmaceutical and Medical Device businesses.”