Senior Medical Director
Our client is a leading European speciality pharmaceutical group focused on prescription drugs that address rare and life-threatening diseases. The organisation sought a senior medical director to play a key role within future global strategic plans.
After searching for 10 months, receiving over 35 CVs and interviewing over 16 candidates using other agencies unsuccessfully, Pharma-Partners was engaged exclusively to search for a medical director for their EMEA region.
- MD qualification.
- Experience within medical devices and oncology highly desirable.
- Significant industry experience at an above country and ideally director level within medical affairs.
- Multi-layered line management experience essential.
- UK-based with willingness to travel globally 30% of the time.
Previous challenges with other agencies
- The presented candidates did not meet the all the above requirements.
- Identical candidates were presented on multiple occasions by agencies indicating that only highly active candidates were interested.
- Candidates who were interviewed were unsuitable mainly due to lack of therapy area and suitable line management experience.
- Candidates’ expectations around role, salary and interview process were poorly managed by existing agencies.
- Agencies demonstrated a lack of understanding regarding pharmaceutical physicians and were therefore unable to search effectively.
- Our team engaged with relevant stakeholders and talent acquisition to understand the challenges to date.
- We provided the client with a full and detailed re-briefing on the assignment.
- We conducted pre-assignment market intelligence to align client requirements with current market conditions.
- We agreed timelines and milestones with the client, and created a communication plan regarding sourcing progress.
- We reached an agreement with the client regarding interview process to ensure efficiency.
- Via our existing extensive network, market mapping and referrals, we identified 44 potential candidates in total. 35 of these candidates were not actively seeking a new opportunity.
- We identified, briefed and met a total of five candidates, one of whom was actively looking.
- Four candidates were submitted.
- Four candidates were interviewed at the first stage, and two candidates moved to final stages. One candidate selected and offered.
- We were able to deliver on all of the above within a period of 12 weeks.